About Us - David Condon, Inc.
David Condon started collecting antique firearms at the early age of 7 purchasing his first two guns from Herb Glass Sr. in 1949. He started dealing in 1957. He founded C&N Guns in 1959 that became subsequently the Winchester Gallery in 1975, and thereafter David Condon, Inc. in 1979. He started his mail order catalog business in 1979, and opened his retail store in Middleburg in 1980. Today it is one of the oldest and most respected dealerships in the field. David Condon, Inc. is state and federally licensed, with a retail headquarters, full-service web site, an on-line catalogue and show schedule. With over 250,000 antique and collector arms sold to-date, David Condon, Inc. has the proven ability to successfully market the largest, most sophisticated collections.
We count among our clients many museums, foundations, estates and active, private collectors.
We are appraisers and consultants to:
- The Smithsonian Institution
- The NRA National Firearms Museum
- The National Park Service
- The National Museum of the Marine Corps
- The West Point Museum
- The National Museum of African American History & Culture
- The Society of the Cincinnati
- U.S. Treasury Department
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency
- U.S. Dept. of the Interior
- The Jimmy Carter Institute
- The Ronald Reagan White House
- The George Bush White House
- The Commonwealth of Virginia
- US Deparment of Justice, Criminal Division
David is a member in good standing of many arms collecting organizations that include:
- Arms & Armour Society
- Armor & Arms Club of NY
- Ohio Gun Collector’s Association
- Texas Gun Collector’s Association
- NY State Arms Collector’s Assoc.
- PA Gun Collectors Assoc.
- PA Antique Gun Collector’s Assoc.
- Colt Collectors Association
- Remington Collector’s Association
- Winchester Collector’s Association
- Forks of the Delaware Weapons Collector’s Assoc.
- Collector Arms Dealers Association(former director)
- Company of Military Historians
- Official Historian, Order of the Indian Wars of the US